1. "Soul meets soul on lover's lips."
- Percy Bysshe Shelly
2. "To live is like to love - all reason is against it and all healthy instinct for it."
- Samuel Butler
3. "Life without love is like a tree without blossom and fruit."
- Khalil Gibran
4. "So dear I love him that with him,
All deaths I could endure.
Without him, live no life."
- William Shakespeare (Romeo & Juliet)
5. "A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous."
- Ingrid Bergman
6. "Love looks through a telescope; envy through a microscope."
- Josh Billings
7. "A goal, a love and a dream give you total control over your body and your life."
- John Wayne Schlatter
8. "True love begins when nothing is looked for in return."
- Antoine De Saint-Exupery
9. "Love withers with predictability; its very essence is surprise and amazement. To make love a prisoner of the mundane is to take its passion and lose it forever."
- Leo Buscaglia
10. "The greatest tragedy of life is not that men perish, but that they cease to love."
- W. Somerset Maugham
11. "Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within the reach of every hand."
- Mother Teresa
12. "What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
13. "The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck
14. "Love is the history of a woman's life; it is an episode in man's."
-Germaine De Stael
15. "Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There's too much fraternizing with the enemy."
- Henry Kissinger
16. "We find rest in those we love, and we provide a resting place in ourselves for those who love us."
- Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
17. "The most powerful symptom of love is a tenderness, which becomes at times almost insupportable."
- Victor Hugo
18. "Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes
19. "Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
- Franklin P. Jones
20. "You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."
- Sam Keen